Voodoo flossing is a simple but effective method to ease joint and muscle pain, especially in places like knees and elbows. It can be useful for people who do a lot of exercise or are just starting out in fitness. Here’s how it works:
What You Need:
- A special stretchy band called a “floss band.”
How to Do It:
- Wrap the floss band around the part of your body that hurts (like your elbow or knee). Make it snug but not too tight, about 70% tight.
- Start at the part farthest from the centre of your body and wrap the band upwards. Overlap each wrap a little.
- Make sure the whole painful area is covered with the band.
- When you’re done wrapping, check to see if the skin under the band turns pink when you press on it. If it stays white, it’s time to take the band off.
- Be careful not to wrap it too tightly; it could leave bruises when you take it off.
- After you remove the band, move the joint back and forth.
- Check if the pain is less or if you can move the joint better.
Please grab a coach if you’re not sure how to do this.
Any questions, post to comments.